What is Program Planning?
Early in the year, League members meet to review our program positions in relation to the current and upcoming political landscape.
This year, we review
• the LWVBC in the 2019–2020 League year
• the LWVCO in the 2019–2021 biennium
Read our local positions here or in your Member Handbook.
Read LWVUS positions in full here.
How does it work?
• Members will suggest which positions should be retained, reviewed, or dropped.
• Members can also recommend new studies, ask that a position from another League be adopted by concurrence, and recommend issues for special attention,
To recommend a new LWVBC study:
• At least three members must be willing to conduct the research and present it to local League members.
• The proposal should include a timeline and the scope and the rationale for the study.
Suggestions from our program planning meetings in February will be reviewed by our LWBC Board of Directors.
At our Annual Meeting in May 2019, LWVBC members will discuss the board's recommendations and adopt our local program for 2019–2020.
Our board sends our LWVCO program recommendations to the LWVCO Board of Directors. In May 2019, delegates to our Colorado League Convention will consider the board's recommendations and adopt the national program for 2019–2021.