BALLOT ISSUES INFORMATION
- Question 1A: Flood Recovery Sales and Use Tax (passed)
- Question 1B: Human Services Safety Net Mill Levy Extension (passed)
- Boulder Valley School District 2014_BallotBVSDQuestion.pdf
Question 3A: Bond for Renovation, Repair, Construction and Improvements:(passed)
City of Boulder
- Question 2A: Tax for Community Culture and Safety (passed)
- Question 2B: Council Executive Sessions Related to Electric Utility (passed)
- Question 2C: City's Right to Provide Telecommunication Services (passed)
City of Lafayette
- Question 2A: Public Safety Mill Levy (passd)
- Question 2B: Recreation Bond and Mill Levy (passed)
- Question 2C: Retail Marijuana and Retail Marijuana Products Excise Tax (passed)
- Question 2D: Excise Tax to Fund Clean Energy Initiative (failed)
City of Longmont
• Question 2A: Street Fund Tax Extension (passed)
Boulder County NOTICE OF ELECTION: Tax Issues
Required by TABOR, the booklet contains information on ballot proposals throughout Boulder County that involve taxes:
- Boulder County 1A, 2A
- City of Boulder 2A
- City of Longmont 2A
- City of Lafayette 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D
- BVSD 3A
- Town of Lyons 2A
- Lyons Regional Library District
- Sunshine Fire Protection District 5A
- Coal Creek Canyon Fire Protection District 4B
- North Metro Fire Rescue District 4A
The full text of the four statewide questions and analysisi by the Legislative Council are in the Blue Book that each household receives in the mail.
LWV POSITIONS ON THE BALLOT ISSUES
While the League is non-partisan (we do not support or oppose any political party or candidate), the League advocates on issues. As a result, the League may choose to support, oppose, or take no stance on various ballot issues.
Read our Boulder County LWV positions on the county and municipal ballot issues.
We support Boulder County issues 1A and 1B, City of Boulder 2A, Lafayette 2A, and Longmont 2A.
We are neutral on the remaining proposals.
Read why we neither support nor oppose BVSD proposal 3A
Read the Colorado LWV positions on the four statewide ballot issues.
We urge voters to oppose initiatives 67 and 68 and proposition 104. We have not taken a stance on proposition 105.
(Proposal 67 failed, 68 failed, 104 passed, 105 failed)
BOULDER COUNTY RACES
Candidates for several BOULDER COUNTY positions will be voted in November 2014.
Read a description of each of these positions and the officeholder's responsibilities:
JUDGES ON THE BALLOT
In Colorado, voters are asked on the ballot whether a judge should be retained or not retained. A citizens' committee evaluates judges' performance in their present judgeship and makes recommendations to voters.
You can read about the system and see the citizens' committee recommendations at the site Know Your Judge.
On the November 2014 ballot, voters will vote whether to retain two justices of the Colorado Supreme Court, two judges of the Court of Appeals, and nine Boulder County judges in the district and county courts. Full information is available here.
Information on judicial retention is also available in the Blue Book which is mailed to every household.
2014 FORUM VIDEO ARCHIVES
We sponsor a Meet Your Legislators! forum each spring. We co-sponsor FREE PUBLIC Candidate Forums with the county and its municipalities before each election, to help voters make more informed decisions.
The League is non-partisan. We do not support or oppose any political party or candidate.
Meet Your Legislators! - April 5th, 2014
Superior Board of Trustees Candidate Forum - September 23rd, 2014: scroll down to League of Women Voters Forum for Candidates . . . September 23, 2014
Louisville City Council Candidate Forum, Ward 1 (October 2nd, 2014) - Read about it here
Boulder County Candidate Forum - October 11th, 2014, approx one hour: Candidates for County Commissioner District 3, Clerk and Recorder, and Sheriff