Our Agriculture team is not active this year. But any League member who is interested in this area may re-activate it. Write to our president - firstname.lastname@example.org - for more information.
These are some of our past issues:
• In 2014 we led LWVBC members in participating in the LWVUS study leading to a new national consensus on Agriculture.
• In 2013 at public meetings we presented an overview of the Farm Bill that was making its way through Congress. To read our introduction to the Farm Bill click here.
• In September 2011 we organized a presentation on GMOs by these speakers:
- Norman Dalsted, CSU Department of Agriculture and Research Economics
- Daniel Bush, CSU Department of Biology
- Sylvia Tawse, Boulder County organic farmer
- Paul Schlegel, Boulder County conventional farmer
• In February 2011, we presented an overview of the Boulder County's farming support structure, organic farming and ranching, GMOs, water delivery, and the role of Boulder County Open Space in promotion of local agriculture. Feedback we have received regarding our presentations has all been positive, and the energized team is considering future additional educational activities. To read our report Agriculture in Boulder County click here.